- Experience as a Business Analyst for Information Systems. Developing Business Process Models, Use Case and Swim Lanes to document business processes for Application Development, Software Requirements Definition for Sofware evaluation and acquisition, Technical Process analysis. Experience with Business Process Analysis & Business
Process Design. Including helping the client identify
what they want (business analysis), and develop a plan to get
- Experience with Team Leadership and Project Manager
in Information Systems. Familiar with all aspects of the project
development lifecycle and current project management practices.
- Experience with developing and managing systems development, both
technically and from the business side. For Example:
- Experience with Oil and Gas Cost Management, Drilling and Completions, Production and Gas Accounting,
including work to negotiate/develop Operating Balancing Agreements
and Other Pipeline Services.
- Experience with Gas Control and Gas Measurement Systems
including developing and implementing Plant Balance Algorithms/Mechanisms
for pipelines and gas plants.
- Experience with Web Designs and Development,
including guiding clients through a complete web design process
including appearance, functionality, targeting the right market,
helping clients understand what tools are available and what is
suited best for them, and completion of Web sites for clients
in accordance with their requirements.
- 8 years working with EDI (Electronic Data Interchange)
and E-Commerce including Regulatory requirements involving
e-commerce and detailed familiarity with ANSI X12 and with recent
experience with XML/XSL.
- Business Analysis for and leadership of Systems Infrastructure Rationalization
- Experience with marketing software and services.
- Web Development/Design Tools: Flash,
Dreamweaver, Front Page, Adobe/Photoshop, Adobe/Illustrator, Visual Studio
- Programming tools & languages: C#, Visual Basic, PHP, XML,
- EDI: EDI (ANSI
- Statistical Analysis: SAS
- Operating Systems: Intel (Windows System 7
Linus, Unix, Mac (Apple), MVS (IBM), VMS (Digital/Compaq).
- Networks: TCP-IP, Ethernet
- Database: MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle, Adabas, DB2
- Desktop Tools: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft
Access, Visio, FilemakerPro
- Web Designer Certificate - University of Calgary
Department of Continuing Education. 2003
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honors) University of
Software Evaluation and System Development in the following business areas:
System Integration and Maintenance
- Gas Management
- Oil and Gas Production Accounting
- Pipeline Nomination, Contracting and Volume Allocation
- Gas Measurement
- Oil Production Data Reporting
- Cost Management Systems
- Telecom Services Sales tracking
- Grain Rail Car Management Systems
- Marketing Research Data Capture & Reporting
- Production Well Scheduling
Web Development in the following business areas:
- Gas Management/Accounting Systems
- Gas Control Systems
- Cost Management Systems
- Oil and Gas Drilling and Completions Reporting Tools
- Shopping Carts, integration with payment engines.
- Affiliate Marketing and Multi-level Marketing systems.
- Retail Sales & Advertising.
- Promotional websites.
- Web Site Design including:
- Assessment of appearance, functionality, targeted market,
- Target Audience evaluation,
- Graphical User Interface Design,
- Graphical User Interface Evaluation.
- Web Site Development and Implementation incorporating:
- Testing and installation (registration of domains.).
- Logo, Graphic and image preparation.
- Cross Platform Browser/Operating System Testing,
- Prepared presentations & performed background research and
collected data from primary and secondary sources.
- Provided business consulting for various clients in the following
- Desktop infrastructure where the work included
developing plans for back-ups and upgrades. Also assisted
with implementation of the plan.
- Assisted with software tool selection to
meet application/systems requirements (helped clients understand
what tools are available and what is suited best for them.)
Desktop Support and maintenance:
- Performed Windows XP upgrades
- Installed software
- Implemented data back-up programs
Infrastructure Support and maintenance:
Project Management, Communications and Administration
- Web Server Implementation and Migrations, both with IIS and Linux/Unix
- Unix server consolidation
- Intel server consolidation
- Office systems relocation
- Staff Supervision
- Presentation and communication planning & preparation
- Annual Business Plan and Budget preparation & administration
- Coaching & mentoring leaders and staff on roles and responsibilities
- Co-ordination of interdepartmental teams
- Administration of Operational Excellence program administration
- Member of the Project Management Institute, Southern Alberta
Training and Mentoring
- Development/customization of systems to handle EDI transactions
- X12 Transaction coding
- Trading Partner Agreement Negotiation
- Desktop Software usage instruction.
- Statistical Tool training and mentoring
Content on this page last updated: November 25, 2014